Home | Enrollment | About Enrollment
The annual enrollment period is held yearly in the fall. Changes in coverage become effective on the following January 1 and participants must remain enrolled in their selected benefit options until the next year.
Subject to eligibility, during this time you can:
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between health options — Partnership, Standard and Limited PPOs, subject to eligibility*
- Change health insurance carriers — select either BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee or Cigna
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between dental insurance options, if eligible
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between vision options, if eligible
- Apply for optional accidental death coverage (state plan only)
- Enroll in flexible benefits (state employees only)
All participants enrolled in health coverage are sent information on available healthcare options, premium data, a listing of benefit changes, service areas and vendor changes for the upcoming year.
The options you choose during the enrollment period take effect the following January 1, and remain in effect through December 31, unless you lose eligibility or have a qualifying event or family status change during the year. If you need more information about reasons to cancel coverage contact your agency benefits coordinator.
A qualifying event or family status change is something that results in a covered person becoming newly eligible for other coverage. Examples include birth, a change in marital status and new employment. If you or your covered dependent(s) experience one of these events and need to make changes to your coverage, or you need more information about reasons to cancel coverage and who qualifies, contact your agency benefits coordinator.