Home | Your Health Options | The Partnership Promise
Disease and Lifestyle Management
Questions about coaching? Contact email@example.com
Disease Management is for members who have chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, COPD and asthma. If you are called, you have to participate. Once enrolled in disease management you will remain in the program. Asthma is the exception, and you may be eligible to graduate from coaching if you are a well-maintained asthmatic and accept one coaching call.
How you will be contacted to enroll in disease management coaching
- An Engagement Specialist (not a coach) with Healthways will contact you to confirm your preferred time, day of the week and phone number so that your coaching calls are held during a time that works best for you. This person will not be able to tell you the reason you are required to coach.
- Once the first call is set, your coach will call you and provide you with the details as to why you need to coach. You will continue to communicate with your coach through telephone calls.
- The Engagement Specialist and/or your coach will attempt to call you two times. If they cannot reach you by phone, Healthways will send a letter to the primary address on record. Then it is up to you to follow up. If you do not follow up within the time frame specified in the letter, you will be mailed a letter and given an opportunity to file an appeal. This is why it is very important to keep your committed calls with your coach and to keep your contact information current with your employer and/or Healthways.
Lifestyle management (LM) in 2017 is voluntary. It is for members who want to make lifestyle changes (things like weight management, exercise, healthy eating, tobacco cessation, stress). All plan members can enroll in a lifestyle management program.
- Tobacco Cessation is also available to anyone who is ready to quit using tobacco. This program is voluntary in 2017.
- Call 888.741.3390 to enroll or find out more information about any of the lifestyle programs available.
Important tips about your coaching calls
- When speaking with a member for coaching or any other question related to the Partnership Promise, Healthways will ask you to verify your name, mailing address and date of birth. Healthways will NOT ask for your social security number, but they are required by federal regulation to verify your identity to comply with HIPAA and privacy laws on each and every call.
- If you would like to verify the identity of your coach, he or she will give you the number for the ParTNers for Health Wellness Program and ask you to call back to verify.
- Note: Because of the policies of some telephone providers, your caller ID may not display ParTNers for Health or Healthways’ toll free number. You can enter the toll free number 888-741-3390 into your contacts so that you know your coach is calling. HIPAA privacy laws also prevent Healthways from leaving a detailed message on your voicemail or answering machine unless you have given permission for Healthways to do so.