Home | Your Health Options | Health Insurance Carrier Information
Health Insurance Carrier Information
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and Cigna Healthcare administer our Partnership PPO, Standard PPO and Limited PPO health insurance options. Both carriers offer the expansive networks and excellent reputation our members are accustomed to.
Each Carrier’s Provider Network
The right provider network for you and your family’s health needs is an important decision. Each carrier has its own network of preferred doctors, hospitals and other health care providers. Many doctors are in more than one network. You may find yours listed under both carriers.
You can find out if your providers are in the networks as follows:
- Call member services:
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee — 1.800.558.6213
- Cigna Healthcare — 1.800.997.1617
- Search for your providers online through the carriers’ websites:
- Download a PDF of the provider directory:
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Directory — updated 8.30.12 (2.2 MB)
- Cigna Directory — updated 8.30.12 (4.8 MB)
NOTE: The information in the PDF directories is only 100% accurate on the day it is printed. It is not uncommon for this information to change as providers and facilities join and leave the carrier's networks. Both directories were printed in August 2012. You can find the most up to date information by calling member services or doing an online search.
The network providers for each carrier negotiate their costs for services in advance. And, on average, the lowest cost carrier for each region offers the best prices. So, depending on your location and the carrier you choose, you'll see these differences in premium costs:
- East and Middle Tennessee: BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is the lowest cost carrier. For 2013, if you choose Cigna, you’ll pay $20 more per month for employee only coverage, and $40 more per month for all other premium levels.
- West Tennessee: Cigna is the lowest cost carrier. For 2013, if you choose BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, you’ll pay $20 more per month for employee only coverage, and $40 more per month for all other premium levels.
The carriers’ covered services, deductibles, co-insurance, co-pays, etc., are the same whether you choose BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee or Cigna Healthcare. However, you will pay less out-of-pocket when you choose the Partnership PPO. For detailed information on covered services, exclusions and how the plans work, view the insurance carrier’s member handbooks, available on the Benefits Administration website.