Home | Your Other Benefits | Wellness Program | Weight Watchers
Weight Watchers at Work — How to Get Started
If you are interested in forming your own Weight Watchers at Work group, you will need to obtain any necessary approvals, secure a meeting space and contact the Weight Watchers at Work Department in your area using the contact information listed below. You will have the option of becoming the contact person for your workplace. That means you will be the person who helps get the group started and keeps it going. You will be the liaison between your group and the Weight Watchers at Work Department.
To start a group, first you need to know if there is enough interest in your organization. The minimum number of participants to start a group is 15. At Work meetings are available between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Lunchtime meetings are held at either 11:00 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.
To see if there is enough interest in an onsite Weight Watchers Meeting, you can:
- Use this flier to inform your coworkers about the free information meeting
- Place the I'm Interested sheet in a common area in your organization so people can sign it
- Send a notice through office email about the informational meeting
Once you have determined that there is enough interest, you can discuss a day and time for a free informational meeting with a member of the At Work Department. At that meeting, potential members can ask questions about the Weight Watchers Program and the At Work Program.
To schedule an informational meeting, call:
- Middle Tennessee — Judy Brown at 615.244.5566 or 1.800.476.2340
- West Tennessee — Cindy Smith at 901.388.1234, ext. 105
- For the following counties in east Tennessee, call Amanda Morgan at 1.800.788.3993 or 304.346.0609, ext. 116 (Carter, Cocke, Greene, Hamblen, Hancock, Hawkins, Johnson, Sullivan, Unicoi and Washington)
- For all other east Tennessee counties, call Judy Brown at 615.244.5566 or 1.800.476.2340
Be sure you have collected membership payment from at least 15 members before your group's first weekly meeting. If a Weight Watchers leader comes for the first meeting and the minimum has not been met, you will not be able to start the series.